AT Special Projects and Grants
RESNA Assistive Technology Professional (ATP) Certification Scholarship
Funding from this grant provides Service and Support Administrators (SSAs), related service providers, administrators, and other CBDD personnel the opportunity to receive financial support to earn their assistive technology certification through the Rehabilitation Engineering and Assistive Technology Association (RESNA) ATP program. RESNA is a professional organization dedicated to promoting the health and well-being of people with disabilities through increasing access to technology solutions.
The RESNA Assistive Technology Professional (ATP) certification program offers a variety of training activities and a community of practice where participants learn:
- How to analyze the needs of consumers with disabilities,
- Assist in the selection of appropriate assistive technology for the consumer’s needs, and
- How to provide training in the use of the selected device(s).
About the Exam
The ATP examination is a 200-item, multiple choice exam testing competency in the broad field of assistive technology practice. The exam is designed for Service and Supports Administrators (SSAs), related service providers, including OT, SLP, PT, and other administrators.
Scholarships are currently available for qualified employees of County CBDDs in Ohio. Simply complete the application. If you qualify, fees and expenses for the following will be reimbursed upon successful completion of the exam:
- Participation in the online RESNA ATP Fundamentals Course ($800 value) to prepare for the ATP certification exam, and
- RESNA ATP application ($100 value) and Prometric registration ($500 value) fees.
Participation in the ATP Fundamentals course is optional, but highly recommended.
Contact Heather Bridgman at 614-410-0343 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Funded by The Ohio Developmental Disabilities Council under the Developmental Disabilities Assistance and Bill of Rights Act