Returning and Shipping AEM
Return all large print and braille textbooks; assistive technology; and other specialized equipment no longer needed by students to the AT&AEM Center. Returning materials enables other students to borrow materials. If the student currently using the AEM needs the AEM again next year, or if another student in your program will need the materials, please keep the AEM instead of returning to the AT&AEM Center.
Guidelines for Returning Braille and Large Print Textbooks
Please remember the following guidelines for returning materials to AT&AEM:
- Return only complete sets of materials or textbooks; partial materials cannot be recirculated.
- Return textbook copyrights: Braille – 2013 or newer and all classics; Large Print - 2004 or newer and all classics.
- Return in sturdy boxes and securely tape the boxes; when a title must be divided into several boxes, clearly mark the boxes (i.e., box 1 of 3, box 2 of 3, and box 3 of 3).
- DO NOT return damaged or non-usable textbooks, workbooks, or kits with missing parts.
- Materials shipped directly to the requestor from APH should be returned to the AT&AEM Center.
- AT&AEM only accepts donations of textbooks with copyright dates of 6 years or newer. All donated braille textbooks must be UEB compliant and produced by certified transcribers.
- Donations sent to AT&AEM that DO NOT comply with the guidelines will be returned to the sender.
Thank you for supporting us in this effort to manage the AT&AEM collection.
Guidelines for Shipping AEM Back to the AT&AEM Center
When shipping materials to AT&AEM, please adhere to the following guidelines:
- Return assistive technology and other specialized equipment to AT&AEM in the original packaging or pack equipment with care to prevent damage; if small packing chips are used, cover the equipment first.
- Return the AT&AEM Item-On-Loan form to aid AT&AEM in clearing the student's account or include the name of the student who used the materials.
- For better handling, provide the requestor's return address on the outside of the box.
- If AEM is for a student who is blind or visually impaired, return materials through the U.S. Postal Service labeled "Free Matter for the Blind", there is no charge for postage (visit USPS Free Matter for the Blind).
- Return materials before the summer break if they will not be used during the next school year.
- If equipment is in need of repair, please indicate issue with a note attached to the equipment.