Brailler Repair Service
Perkins Braillers may be repaired by APH or by volunteers coordinated by the AT & AEM Center. Volunteers provide the labor for repairs and the AT & AEM Center pays for parts if funds are available.
Perkins Braillers under warranty:
- APH warrants braillers for twelve months from the date of shipment.
- Brailler misuse or abuse, such as dropping the brailler voids the warranty.
- If you are not sure of the warranty status, contact APH for information.
- For detailed instructions, refer to the APH Instructional Products Catalog.
Perkins Braillers not under warranty:
- Email volunteer(s) to verify volunteer can accept brailler(s) for repair at this time:
- Determine with volunteer when to ship brailler(s).
- Request address from volunteer to ship brailler(s).
- Send in original packaging if available.
- Braillers can be sent for free using our Free Matter For The Blind shipping labels;
- Enclose a detailed description of the problem. Indicate a return address to ship the repaired brailler.
- Braillers will be repaired and returned to the requested address.
- There is no cost to the school district.
- If the brailler cannot be repaired, a request can be made to AT & AEM Center for a replacement brailler for an eligible student. See Materials Request form to submit an order.