Duxbury Braille Translation Software
Duxbury Braille Translation (DBT) Software Trainings
As part of the BEST Grant’s goals to support the implementation of braille instruction, technology and the production of quality braille materials, BEST is offering a training focused on creating braille materials with Duxbury Braille Translation Software. This training is intended for educators, paraprofessionals, and braille transcribers who produce braille materials for students who are blind or visually impaired.
This two-day training is designed to teach participants how to use the BANA template for Microsoft Word to format text for use in DBT. This training includes the following skills:
- Configuring DBT (Embosser Setup, Import Options, Word Importer, Formatted Braille Importer)
- Configuring Microsoft Word (Options, Quick Access Toolbar)
- Microsoft Word basics to improve productivity
- Using SWIFT and the BANA braille template
- Using styles to efficiently format documents for braille
- Print and braille page numbering
- Basic exercise material
- Introduction to tables
Dates / Times
October 29-30, 2019 from 8:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
OCALI - 470 Glenmont Avenue - Columbus, OH 43214
Susan Christensen, DBT Specialist
Thirteen (13) contact hours will be offered for two days of training.
A copy of DBT 12.4 software or an upgrade will be provided to each district/agency represented (one copy per district/agency).
Note: The training is limited to the first 20 participants to register.
Registration Deadline: Oct. 22, 2019
For any questions contact: Julie Pashovich: email@example.com