Using Word for Duxbury Braille Translation (DBT) Software: Lunch and Learn: Line Numbered Text
Using Word for Duxbury Braille Translation (DBT) Software
Lunch and Learn: Line Numbered Text
February 16, 2021. 12:00pm - 1:00pm
This online series of topic specific training is open to anyone who has participated in a DBT training and is using Word and SWIFT to prepare files for DBT. This is the third Lunch and Learn session and will build on previous DBT trainings. Each session goes into a single topic in depth. Any time remaining at the end of each session is open for other questions and troubleshooting.
This one hour discussion will focus on the different braille formatting options for line numbering in poetry and prose.
After this session, you will know how to:
- When to follow print line numbering
- When to number every print line
- How to format line numbers for prose
- How to format line numbers for poetry
- How to use DBT codes to control content so line numbers do not interfere with print and braille page numbers
Anyone who has participated in a previous DBT training course and is using Word and SWIFT to prepare files for DBT. Note: it is helpful to attend the November session on Transcriber's Notes, as they are often used with tables
Logistics of the Training
This workshop will be presented on-line using Zoom, a platform for video and audio conferencing, chat, and webinars
Participants must provide their own computer and software. It is helpful to have a second device (iPad, second screen, etc.) to participate fully, with software on your computer and Zoom on the second device.
A PDF handout will be provided, along with the Zoom meeting ID and passcode, before the session
Susan Christensen, DBT Specialist. Email: email@example.com
1 contact hour will be offered for completion of this session.
- Deadline for registration: January 18, 2021
- Register online via OCALI Pass
- For more information contact: firstname.lastname@example.org