Using the BrailleNote Touch with Google Classroom
The AT&AEM Center has partnered with Humanware to offer a training session on using the BrailleNote Touch with Google Classroom. The training is open to educators and support staff serving students with visual impairments, as well as parents and students at no cost. Please bring your own BrailleNote Touch if you can.
The 4 hour professional development session will be a hands-on workshop, intended to increase skills in Google Classroom using the BrailleNote Touch. Use of Google Classroom in K-12 settings continues to grow. Many students who read and write braille can find access to this application a challenge. Using a mobile version of the Classroom application with the BrailleNote Touch is a potential solution to this challenge. This hands-on workshop will focus on the use of Google Classroom with the BrailleNote Touch. Participants will learn to navigate the mobile Classroom application, download and edit various assignments and then submit to their teachers.
March 21st, 2019
9:00am - 1:00pm
470 Glenmont Ave. - Columbus, OH 43214
Jim Sullivan, Humanware Representative
Registration deadline: March 20th, 2019.
The participant will:
- Participants will identify how to handle 5 types of Google classroom assignments
- Participants will identify how to attach a KeyWord document to an assignment
- Participants will learn 2 different methods for opening specific classroom assignments
Certificate of Attendance
Four (4) contact hours will be offered.
- 9:00 AM Introduction and Overview
- 9:10 AM Getting Started with Classroom (WiFi, Google Account, Ect.)
- 9:20 AM Touch Hardware Review
- 9:30 AM Classroom Application Review (Learning to Navigate)
- 10:10 AM Break
- 10:20 AM Accessing Classroom Content (Opening Google Docs, Word Doc, PowerPoint, Videos)
- 11:20 AM Submitting Assignments
- 12:10 PM Other Functions / Questions
- 12:40 PM Wrap-Up