Assistive Technology Family Conference
Date: Saturday, September 24, 2016 from 8:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
Location: Holiday Inn Worthington, 7007 North High Street, Columbus, OH 43214
- Free and open to parents, students who are blind or visually impaired, and the professionals who serve them.
- The Ohio Center for Deafblind Education is offering a limited amount of funds to help cover the costs for families to attend the AT Family Conference. If interested, contact Julie Pashovich.
- Assistive Technology vendors focusing on braille literacy, low vision aids, writing, reading, communication, math, science and more will be available all day to demonstrate products and answer your questions.
- Registration and vendor exhibits open at 8:00 a.m.
- Coffee and tea will be served in the morning and box lunches will be provided in order to allow a working lunch with exhibitors and speakers.
- Breakout sessions with in-depth, hands-on information.
|Saturday, September 24, 2016|
|8:00 - 9:30 am||Registration and Networking with Vendors|
|8:30 am – 9:15 am||Welcome and Vendor Introductions|
|9:15am – 10:15 am||Keynote: Impact of AT/AEM on my Academic Achievement
Abby Edwards, College Student
|10:45 am – 11:45 am||
|12:45 pm – 1:45 pm||
|2:15 pm – 3:15 pm||
|3:15 pm – 3:30 pm||Door Prize Giveaways
Wrap up and Evaluation
A limited number of hotel rooms are available at the Holiday Inn Worthington located at 7007 North High Street, Columbus, OH 43214, 614-436-0700
The Assistive Technology Family Conference is sponsored by the BEST Grant and Collaborative Partners: AT and AEM Center at OCALI, American Council of the Blind of Ohio (ACBO), Ohio Center for Deafblind Education (OCDBE), and the Ohio State School for the Blind (OSSB). The content of this conference was developed under a grant from the Department of Education. However, those contents do not necessarily represent the policy of the Department of Education, and you should not assume endorsement by the Federal Government.